Wednesday, June 15, 2011

January 12, 2011 Day Ten

The mirror is about a foot wide, about two-and-a-half feet high, or about two-and-a-half feet wide and a foot hight, depending of course on how you position it.  The border is wood, a thin golden frame inside, next the climbing roses painted in a repeating pattern of arced vines, one pink-red bud, then one bursting full pink bloom.  The pattern faces inward on three sides but on the fourth, one of the longer sides, it is reversed.  Here the vines move away from the mirror and the bud is invisible.  Only a hint of the full flower is there, trailing off the edge into the thin gold frame.

Why the asymmetry?

Why not the asymmetry,  answers back.

When I look into the mirror itself, I am there, of course.  I am head, neck, Unicef-logo t-shirt filling the space.  Or I am smiling face off to one side and I see the room behind me, my coffee cup, my hand moving a red and white pen. Depending, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment