Sunday, October 12, 2014

Zencatangle

I made up that word!  I like it.  Is it a dance?  A kind of puzzle?   A children's toy?  A bird?  A plane?

No it's just a made up word combining the ideas of Zentangle (which is a form of meditative doodling I learned about a few weeks ago) and this crazy Pi cat as seen on the hood of The Player's car as I was heading off to work Friday morning.


I do love my cell phone's features.  Camera.  Compass.  Maps.  Timers.  Alarms.  Stopwatch.  Internet search ability.  Animation program.  Games.  Did I forget anything?  Oh, yes... you can CALL PEOPLE and TALK TO THEM!  Wowee wow wow!

Here are some of my zentangles:


Materials needed - little squares of watercolor paper and a 0.01 mm pen.  Pencil is nice to start your boundaries and then they can be erased or covered up with pen.  The idea is to have some standard patterns you use in different sections of the piece that you can draw and fill in while you focus on breathing and drawing.  It can be very relaxing if you are in the right state of mind, and then when you are done, you have a little piece of original doodle-art.



No comments:

Post a Comment